Royal Birkdale to Mapperley
The challenge consists of an undulating cycle ride from the North West coast, through the countryside of Lancashire, Chesire and the Midlands to Nottingham - Cycling over 3 days from the 29th September to 1st October and culminating in a golf competition at Mapperley Golf Club (if you play golf) Nottingham and a celebratory meal to finish off..
The total distance is approximately 180 miles with a total elevation of 1,600 metres.
DAY 1 - Southport to South Warrington
Start from Royal Birkdale Golf Club to South Warrington avoiding, as best as possible, urban and busy areas. Scenic countryside is order of the day through Lancashire and Chesire.
DAY 2 - South Warrington to Cannock
The second day is a slightly harder day of around 80 undulating miles– with just over 650m of elevation, again emphasing countryside roads through Cheshire and Staffordshire.
DAY 3 - Cannock to Mapperley Golf Club, Nottingham
Enjoy a 50 mile ride through Staffordshire, Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire, eventually reaching Mapperley GC with a competitive round of golf, a celebratory meal and possibly a drink or two.
This ride is through fantastic countryside and some climbs that’ll keep you interested with a split 50 miles / 80 miles / 50 miles split. It’s largely rural with minimal urban elements to the journey. You need a level of fitness that can sustain 4-6 hours in the saddle over 3 days.
- Two nights’ accommodation (twin room)
- Overnight stay details: 3 star hotels
- Full breakfast on days 2 & 3
- Support vehicle
- Luggage and equipment transfers on cycle days
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Friendly crew - who will be cycling alongside
- Public Liability Insurance cover
- Bike and bike equipment
- Travel to the start point and journey home from the finish point of the trip
- Lunches and evening meals
- Personal insurance (for cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects)
- Energy snacks and drinks
A non-refundable Registration Fee of £99 will secure your booking
We ask you to raise a minimum sponsorship of £500 to take part in this trip or alternatively you can self-fund and pay the costs yourself.
For more information and to register please contact F2R@FairwayToRide.org